Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Winter has officially arrived!

Winter has officially come with a vengence here in Saskatchewan.  Why just a week ago it was in the plus temperatures (plus 3 Celcius) to be exact.  Well this is what my thermometer read this morning.....


This is what winter temperatures can reach here in SK.  It is always a bit of a shock to the system when this happens.  School buses don't run and when that happens DD gets to stay home from school which is always a treat.  It is not the normal temperature for this time of year though.  I think the normal daytime high is -16 Celcius which to me right now would be kinda balmy.

Needless to say we are staying indoors and keeping busy with movies, crafts and baking.  Today I am making a yummy looking orange bread that if it turns out to be a keeper recipe I will post it next week.

Hope everyone is warm and comfortable wherever they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment