Monday, February 27, 2012

Chili.....with a healthy twist

In the winter, one of my go-to meals is chili.  It is hearty and warm and I can make it relatively quickly, stick it in the slow cooker for the afternoon and supper is ready.

I decided to try to give my chili a little variety so I used ground turkey in it instead of ground beef.  I do usually use extra lean ground beef and drain off the fat but sometimes I do find it a tad greasy.  I did not find this a problem with the ground turkey.  The chili was excellent!  The kids even had seconds....which to me is a success!

I honestly don't have a recipe per se for chili so I can't share that with you.  It usually involves ground beef (or in this case turkey) tomatoes, beans, kidney beans, onions, celery....sometimes mushrooms and spices.  Here is a picture of our turkey chili.  I will definately be making this again for my family!

Pair it with a good slice of bread and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment